The following policy applies to the site : ExoPets Pro
Last revision : July 7, 2019
The respect of your privacy is our top priority at ExoPets Pro which is responsible for this site.
- how your personal information is collected and processed. All information that could identify you should be considered as personal information. These include your first and last name, your age, your mailing address, your email address, your location or your IP address. ”Personal information” is also used as a synonym for ”personal data” within the meaning of European regulation 2016/679 ;
- what are your rights concerning these informations ;
- who is responsible for handling the personal information that is processed and collected ;
- to whom these informations are transmitted ;
- eventually, the site’s policy regarding cookies.
1.Collecting Personal Information
We collect the following personal information :
- email address
The personal information that we collect is gathered through the collection methods described below, in the ”forms and methods of collection” and following sections.
2.Forms And Methods Of Collection
Your personal information is collected through the following methods :
- subscription form on the website
We use the collected information for the following purposes :
3.Log Files And Cookies
We collect certain information through log files and cookies. These files allow us to process statistics and traffic information, facilitate navigation and improve the service for your convenience.
In addition, this consent is considered an agreement for a maximum duration of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, we will ask again for your permission to save cookies on your hard drive.
a) Description of the cookies used by this website
This is the following information that is most commonly used :
- IP address
- operating system
- pages visited and queries
- time and day of the connection
- provenance of the users or site visitors
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following goals :
- service improvement and personalized welcome
- statistical studies
By browsing the website, third-party cookies may be recorded. These include the following third parties: Godaddy, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube.
In addition, the site integrates social network buttons allowing you to share your activity on the site. Cookies from these social networks are therefore likely to be stored on your computer when you use these features.
You may object to the registration of these cookies by configuring your browser software.
If the case may be, you decide to disable the cookies, you can continue browsing the website. However, any dysfunction of the site caused by this manipulation can not be considered as being of our responsibility.
4.Sharing Personal Information
We undertake not to sell to third parties or generally market the personal information collected. However, we may share this information with third parties for the following reasons :
- creation of consumption profiles
5.Retention Period Of Personal Information
The person in charge of the treatment of personal information will keep in the website’s computerized systems and in reasonable security conditions, all personal information collected for a maximum duration of 1 year.
6.Hosting Personal Information
Our site is hosted by: Godaddy, whose headquarters are located at the following address:
14455 N. Hayden Rd., Ste. 226 Scottsdale, AZ 85260 USA
The host can be reached at the following phone number: 1-866-938-1119 (Canada) or 480-463-8389 (United States).
You can also access the following site: www.godaddy.com/contact-us for the phone number specifically associated with your country/area.
7.Person In Charge Of Processing Personal Information
a) The Person in charge of processing personal information
The person responsible for handling personal information is Jennifer Moore. She can be contacted as follows:
The Privacy Officer may be contacted by e-mail at: email@example.com from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
The person responsible for processing personal information is responsible for determining the purposes and means used to process personal information.
b) Obligations of the person responsible for the processing of personal information
The person responsible for the processing of personal information is committed to protect the collected personal information, not to transmit it to third parties without you having been informed and to respect the purposes for which the information was collected.
In addition, the person responsible for processing personal information undertakes to notify you in the event of rectification or deletion of personal information, unless this entails to disproportionate formalities, costs or procedures.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the privacy officer commits herself to inform you by any means.
8.Right Of Opposition And Withdrawal
You have the right to oppose the treatment of your personal information by the site (” right of opposition ”). You also have the right to request that your personal information no longer appears, for example, in a mailing list (“right of withdrawal”).
In order to object to the processing of your personal information or to request the removal of your personal information, you must follow the following procedure:
the user must make a request for limitation of the processing of his personal information to the person responsible for the processing of information, by sending an email to the address provided above.
9.Right Of Access, Rectification And Deletion
You may review, update, modify or request the deletion of your information, in accordance with the following procedure:
the user must send an e-mail to the person in charge of processing the personal information, specifying the purpose of the request and using the e-mail address to contact the person in charge of personal information provided on this page.
10.General Principles For The Collection And Processing Of Personal Information Under European Regulation 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of your personal information complies with the following principles:
- lawfulness, loyalty and transparency: your personal information can only be collected and processed with your consent. Whenever personal information is collected, it will be indicated that your personal information is collected and why your personal information is collected;
- minimizing the collection and processing of personal information: only the personal information necessary for the proper fulfillment of the objectives pursued by the site is collected;
- retention of personal information reduced in time: the personal information is kept for a limited time of which you are informed;
- integrity and confidentiality of personal information collected and processed: the privacy officer is committed to ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of the collected personal information.
In order to be lawful, and in accordance with the requirements of Article 6 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of personal information may only take place if they comply with at least one of the following conditions:
- you have expressly consented to the treatment;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- the treatment meets a legal obligation;
- the treatment is explained by the necessity to save the vital interests of the data subject or of another physical person;
- the treatment can be explained by a necessity related to the performance of a mission of public interest or that comes under the exercise of the public authority;
- the processing and collection of personal information is necessary for the legitimate and private interests of the data controller or a third party.
11.Additional Rights Under European Regulation 2016/679
In accordance with European regulations concerning the treatment of personal information, you also have the rights listed below.
In order for the privacy officer to comply with your request, you are required to provide your information: your first name, last name and e-mail address.
The person responsible for processing personal information is required to respond to you within a maximum time frame of thirty (30) days.
a) Right to the portability of personal information
You have the right to request the portability of your personal information, held by the site, to another site, by following the procedure below:
the user must make a request for the portability of his personal information to the person responsible for processing the information, by sending an email to the address provided above.
b) Right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on an automated process
In accordance with the provisions of European Regulation 2016/679, you have the right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on an automated process if the decision has legal effects on you or significantly affects in a similar way.
c) Right to seize the competent authority
If the Privacy Officer decides not to respond to your request and you wish to dispute this decision, or if you believe that it violates any of your rights listed above, you are entitled to seize any competent court.
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. Our employees are required to respect the confidentiality of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer)
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, since no mechanism provides maximum security, some risk is always present when using the internet to transmit personal information.
13.Personal Information Of Minors Under Regulation 2016/679
In accordance with Article 8 of Regulation 2016/679, only minors aged 15 or over may consent to the processing of their personal information.
If you are a minor under the age of 15, the consent of a legal representative will be required so that personal information can be collected and processed.
We reserve the right to verify by any means that you are over 15 years old, or that you have obtained the consent of a legal representative before browsing the website.
Our privacy commitments meet the requirements of the following program(s):
- Really simple SSL: www.really-simple-ssl.com
- Godaddy website security: www.godaddy.com/web-security/website-security
We reserve the right to modify it to ensure compliance with applicable law.